Whoever said it, only said the truth – Life is never easy. And it is too short to be taken for granted. It has scary bumps and dangerous rides that can be too overwhelming at times. A person can get swamped up in jobs, relationships, and personal issues so much that the stress and tension can just take up all the space of one’s already busy life. And we all know that it is not a one joy ride and not everyone is able to come out of it easily. Now, don’t go all disheartened upon us because today we will tell you How to Overcome When You Are Too Overwhelmed?
How to Overcome When You Are Too Overwhelmed
Sometimes, things can become too intense, beyond control or everything seemed to be just messed up. The end result is you quite overwhelmed and buried beneath many layers of tension, anxiety and what not. But sometimes one doesn’t even realize that they are going through this tiring process. What I mean to say is there might be a time when you are overwhelmed without you even realizing it. So how can one pull through this overwhelming situation when one doesn’t even know they are in it? They can’t. You ought to know a problem to find a solution for one. And that’s why it’s necessary for you to know if or when you are feeling overwhelmed so you could come out of it with coloured flags.
Signs That Shouts You Are Overwhelmed
Let’s have a quick look at the signs that show you are overwhelmed and stressed. Being overwhelming is not like getting sick with clear signs of fever or cough or something visible. You might not even realize you are lacking simple things like sleep, appetite, energy, etc. and even if you do, you might blame it on other things. However, in order to get out of this stressed situation, you should always be prepared with knowing signs.
Lack of Peaceful Sleep or Too Much of It
You might keep twisting and turning on your bed and sleep is still nowhere near. Not every time when the sleep evades you is the fault of ‘love butterflies’. And sometimes you can’t just find it in you to get out of the bed, knowing well there are things to do.
Dead with Fatigue
One might think after having that much of sleep you might be all full of energy. But no. You feel tired all the time no matter what and that, my friend, is another sign of you being overwhelmed. Healthy exercises will come to your rescue in such times.
Can’t Seem To Relax
Feel like walking on the edge or anxious and all that? Feeling all stressed out and strung up and one more pull might just make you snap or shatter? When one is overwhelmed, the stress levels are automatically increasing. Both things are directly proportional.
Starving All the Time or Not Having Enough Food
Stress eating is a real thing and not just a part of imaginary worlds created by authors. When you are overwhelmed you might grab everything and gobble down or in some cases, you might just plain right ignore the food. Suffering from a narcissistic mother? Learn how to cope up with such stress.
Work Doesn’t Seem Interesting
Work is a thing that needs concentration, focus, and motivation. When you are lacking all of it after being all strung up so tight then you must realize that things are getting overwhelming and don’t worry; a lot of us go through that at some point.
You Turn Into An Introvert
Not that being an introvert is horrible but if it’s not your norm then it can totally be. It might also happen that you start being mercurial and all. Suddenly you don’t like to be around anyone, including your loved ones, don’t feel like partying with your friends, start becoming anti-social and you have a thing called overwhelm that you gotta fight with.
Things You Should Do When You Are Overwhelmed
- Start with a constant night-time routine so you can get your proper healthy and beauty sleep. Try soothing drinks before you go to bed.
- Eating healthy will help in your fatigue problem. You gotta eat healthy to be a bundle of energy. Energizing exercises will also help.
- In times of anxiousness, take a time out of work and all the things that are causing you stress and spend a little relaxing ‘Me Time’. Every person needs it.
- Food is the man’s basic necessity. So you better not stay away from it. Eat healthy, maybe in small proportions until you set a nice tight eating schedule.
- It happens that even if we love the work, we can’t seem to find it within ourselves to just get it done. And it’s okay to feel that stressed out sometimes but you also gotta get out of it. You must take a break from all of it, say take a walk and get in some fresh air and then start again.
- When you are feeling like being alone, it’s okay. Take a day off from all the stress and treat yourself with a good time. But if you start feeling too much depressed then you must seek a professional help because sometimes things take a turn for worse in such situations.
- Exercises have great effects in one’s life. You must start doing it. Anything from a relaxing Yoga to energizing Zumba, just start lifting your spirits.
- Start talking with your loved ones. Let it all out and you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted off from your shoulders.
- Sometimes putting off things on the back burner can make those things far better. So, yes, it might sound off the records but you can just forget about it for a while and get back to it once you are in a better mood.
It’s all about how you take care of yourself. Start doing that properly and you will be able to fight the overwhelming situations easily. Don’t fear it, because the more you fear it the more power you give it. Fight it like a champ you will come out to be a stronger person on the other end.